Sexually Transmitted Diseases
For questions, requests and comments, contact the STD section at:
Florida Department of Health Franklin County
139 12th St
Apalachicola, FL 32320
The Florida Department of Health in Franklin County provides STD testing, treatment and education. These services are provided on a sliding fee scale determined by income and is strictly confidential.
Did You Know?
- STDs affect people of all races, ages, and sexual orientations.
- CDC estimates that there are 19 million new infections every year in the United States.
- STDs cost the U.S. health care system $17 billion every year and cost individuals even more.
- Less than half of people who should be screened receive recommended STD screening services.
- Each year, untreated STDs cause at least 24,000 women in the U.S. to become infertile.
Talk: Talk to your partner and your health care provider about risk factors, safer sex methods and testing.
Test: Make an appointment for STD testing.
Treat: Treat the disease and avoid additional health problems.
For more information on STDs please see the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website: www.cdc.gov/std/general.
The Florida Department of Health's Bureau of STD Home Page - www.doh.state.fl.us/Disease_ctrl/std
STDs. Please visit ASHA's website: http://www.ashastd.org/