Mission, Vision, & Values
Florida Department of Health Franklin County
- (850) 653-2111
139 12th Street
To protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
Core Values: (ICARE)
- Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
- Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
- Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
- Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
- Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
The 10 Essential Services provide a working definition of public health and a guiding framework for the responsibilities of local public health systems.
1. Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
2. Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
4. Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7. Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
8. Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
9. Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
10. Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.